This Co-Ed youth flag football league will take place at Jackson Friends Church for grades K – 6th. The league will run September 1st – October 31st. It will include ten practices and eight games, plus a Celebration night on Monday, November 2nd!
Evaluations: August 20 and August 25 from 6pm-7:30pm
First Practice: September 1 OR 3rd, depending on team
Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays
First Game: September 12
Click HERE for more info and to sign up!
This league is a recreational flag football league for grades K – 6th. Coaches will work with youth on developing their football skills, including catching, throwing, quickness, coordination, balance, reactions, etc. Youth will learn good practice techniques and develop interpersonal and teamwork skills. We will also provide weekly devotions and verses for the kids to teach them more about Jesus Christ.
The league will have practices once a week on Tuesday or Thursday (depending on your team), with games on Saturdays! All practices and games will be held at Jackson Friends Church, outside on our fields. In the event we have severe weather conditions, practices/games may be moved inside our gym OR cancelled/rescheduled (depending on Co-Vid19 situation).
The league will be split up into three divisions:
K – 1st Grade 2nd – 3rd Grade 4th – 6th Grade
There will be two evaluation offerings before the season starts, so we can split the teams up evenly. Youth must attend ONE evaluation night (in the case that they cannot make either, they will still be able to play). Evaluation opportunities will be Thursday, August 20th, 6 – 7:30 pm, and Tuesday August 25th, 6 – 7:30 pm. Youth may come at any time during either of these dates. The evaluation process only takes about 10 – 15 minutes. We will plan on doing evaluations outside, unless we have bad weather!
SAFETY PROCEDURES AND MORE:
- We will do our best to keep all practices and games outdoor. In severe weather we may move practices/games indoors OR if we are restricted by CoVid19 we may not be able to move things indoor, and will have to reschedule a game/ cancel a practice.
- Equipment will be sanitized daily. Footballs, Flags, etc.- Masks will be OPTIONAL for kids. We understand that it can be very difficult to play sports while wearing a mask, so it will not be required, but kids may wear them if they so choose. Depending on Governor DeWine’s restrictions, we may ask coaches/referees/etc to wear masks.
- Parents/Spectators ARE ALLOWED but we ask that you social distance yourselves from others outside of your family/household. Masks may be required for spectators IF state has ordered such thing to take place. At this point we strongly encourage them.
- Hand sanitizer will be available outside. – Bathrooms will be available, BUT we strongly encourage everyone to use their restroom at home before coming, to minimize the number of kids using the restroom. Restrooms will be sanitized before every event. If parents are present, we will ask them to take their kids to the restroom.
- We will be checking every participant’s temperature when they come to practice or game days. If your child is running a fever they will NOT be allowed to participate.
- IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD IS SICK, PLEASE KEEP STAY HOME. Now more than ever, we need to stay home when we are sick. Don’t risk it!
*As we are at the mercy of the CoVid19 situation, we may not have jerseys in for the football until the second or third week of games. We want to make sure we are going to be able to have a season before purchasing all the jerseys. Thank you for your understanding!
AND WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US FOR OUR SECOND SEASON OF JFC FLAG FOOTBALL!