Jackson Friends Church Basketball Leagues, COVID-19 Response:
- Equipment will be sanitized between each practice and games
- Hand sanitizer will be available at multiple stations
- Fans will be limited to parents and siblings ONLY; siblings not playing in a game must be seated with parents, not allowed to run around the building this year. We ask that you wear a mask while inside the building and gym, as Governor DeWine has asked Ohioans to do so when indoors.
- Players and coaches will be asked to be distanced on the sidelines.
- Temperatures will be checked for all participants, referees, staff and coaches before practices and games with a non-contract infrared thermometer. If running a fever they will be sent home.
- Restrooms will be open, but limited and will be sanitized daily and multiple times a day on Saturdays.
- Coaches, referees and staff will be asked to wear a mask indoors. *Referees may be an exception if it becomes difficult to breath running up and down the court in a mask.
- Players will be asked to wear masks when sitting on the bench, but can take them off when in the game. Coaches and players should social distance on the bench.
- Team huddles are not recommended and we will ask coaches to spread their team out when addressing them.
Youth Basketball Leagues & Cheerleading
October 1, 2020*
Kindergarten-6th Grade Basketball Leagues and Cheerleading
This Jackson Friends Church Youth Basketball League is for grades K – 6th. The league is recreational and will focus on developing youths’ basketball skills, as well as their relationship with Jesus Christ. Youth will learn good practice techniques and develop interpersonal and teamwork skills. We want to make sure participants have an enjoyable experience with the game, learn about Jesus, and increase their basketball skills! Jackson Friends Sports Leagues give equal playing time for all kids!
The 2020-21 Winter Basketball and Cheerleading Season will run from November 30th through February 27th.
Registration Cost $80
Jersey Fee (basketball only): $15 (yours to keep and reuse!)
Registrations are accepted through November 29th.
Thursday, November 5th, ANYTIME between 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
or Tuesday, November 10th, ANYTIME between 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
First Practice is the Week of November 30th!
First Game – Saturday, January 9th, 2020
Practices will be once a week on Mondays OR Tuesdays.
Games are once a week on Saturday mornings or afternoons.
Jackson Friends Cheerleading Skills Building is for grades K – 6th . This year the program will look a little different. Due to COVID-19 and limiting our numbers in the gym, cheerleading will not cheer for basketball games this year. Instead, cheerleading will meet once a week for eight weeks, starting the week of January 4th. JFC cheerleading is for all! Coach Carrie has been leading our girls for many years now and has done an incredible job! Skills building nights will take place on a week night but that night is yet to be determined. The girls will work on many different cheer skills for the first seven sessions and on the final eighth session, they will do a highlight show, all while learning more about Jesus!Again, our cheerleaders will not be cheering on Saturdays this year, as their program is separate this season, and more focused on learning different cheer skills.
The girls may be split into two groups, depending on age and number of participants.
Cheerleading Skills Building will run from January 4th – February 22nd (ending with the highlight show).Registration will close on December 14th, 2020.
*There will not be cheer uniforms for this skills building program. Instead we will have cheer shirts for the program.
For more information please contact our cheer director, Carrie Maletich through email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
7th-8th Middle School Basketball League
Jackson Friends Church Middle School Basketball League is for grades 7th and 8th. The league is recreational and will focus on developing youths’ basketball skills and Youth will learn good practice techniques and develop interpersonal and teamwork skills. Each game will feature a half time devotion/prayer with the players. We want to make sure participants have an enjoyable experience with the game, learn about Jesus, and increase their basketball skills! Jackson Friends Sports Leagues give equal playing time for all kids!
November 9th, 2020, ANYTIME between 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
or November 12th, 2020, ANYTIME between 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Registration Fee: $85
Jersey Fee: $15 (yours to keep and reuse!)
League runs November 30th through February 27th. Playoffs start the first week of March.
First practice is the week of November 30th . First game is December 5th.
Practices ONCE a week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night.
Games are once a week on Saturday afternoons/evenings.
High School Basketball League
Jackson Friends Church High School Basketball Leagues are for grades 9th – 12th. The leagues are recreational and are also “bring your own team”. MINIMUM OF EIGHT PLAYERS ON A TEAM. Players will sign up online and put down their team name or players on their team, to be linked together. Individuals that do not have enough players to make a team may sign up individually, and if there are enough kids to make a team, we will make extra teams.
All Teams Must Have a Coach or Parent who is 21 Years Old or Older on the Bench! No Coach, No Tournament Play!
Regular Season Technical Fouls Carry into the Tournament! Any Discipline Requirements will be Enforced!
Registration Fee: $90
Jersey Fee: $15 (yours to keep and reuse!)
*All jerseys worn MUST be Jackson Friends jerseys, UNLESS your team has matching jerseys
League Runs December 3rd – February 27th (Playoffs start first week of March).
Freshmen/Sophomore games will take place on Saturday Evenings.
Junior/Senior games will take place on Thursday/Friday Evenings.
First Games for Juniors/Seniors December 3rd.
First Games for Freshmen/Sophomores December 5th